Sunday 21 March 2010

An Outing

Today we went off to Cardiff Bay, so that Squeakydaddy could run the Sport Relief Mile (or three in his case, for some reason or other). I don't mind these kind of things, as long as no-one expects me to run. I wasn't built for running, and I don't really plan to start now, sorry.

Anyways, as usual with any trip out lasting more than a couple of hours, Squeaky needed both changing and feeding. And I was SO impressed. I knew that Cardiff Bay is "officially" breastfeeding friendly but wasn't sure what to expect. I strolled into the Millennium Centre, as being a suitably large & public building, and I didn't really fancy the disabled/baby change portaloo outside. Toilets are toilets, but these were clean and well sized, which is a good start.

After a quick nappy change, I asked the duty manager if there was somewhere I could feed Squeaky. Now, I've said before that I've fed in public in a few places, but I didn't expect to be told that I was welcome to feed anywhere in the building! I was also offered the choice of somewhere a bit more private, and shown to the medical suite, where Squeaky could have her dinner in peace. Much nicer than sitting on a toilet seat somewhere, which has been known.

All in all, ten out of ten for Cardiff Bay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?