Friday 4 June 2010

Oh! I forgot to say!

We've been going to baby signing classes for 3 weeks now. I've been going to BSL classes for the last 4 years, though I'm only finishing my 3rd year right now, thanks to the broken ankle saga. So I thought it would be good if Squeaky & I could find some way that she could learn as well, so she could talk to me before she can actually talk, y'know.

And so far, she loves it. She's the youngest in the class, by a good few months, all the rest are sitting up unaided and crawling, at very least. But that doesn't stop her. She's fascinated by the class leader, she stares and beams at her throughout, interspersed with giggling at me. No actual signs from her yet, which is to be expected, it's only been a few weeks, and she's still very young, but she's getting the idea of waving hello/goodbye, and starting to watch and lift her own hands when I sign things to her. I'm really excited about it, truth be told. And wondering what her first sign will be.

Ah, but this week is half term. And I hate half term, because our schedule has fallen apart. No signing class, we couldn't go to our singing & exercise class because it clashed with my dental app't, and then we couldn't go swimming today because I still feel like I've been kicked in the jaw by a very angry donkey. When we go back next week, maybe I'll remember to describe a typical class. Or maybe some of our other groups too. You'd enjoy that, wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?