Wednesday 29 September 2010

Olay Total Effects Wake Up Wonder Review

I'm a girly girl, even though motherhood has meant I've rarely had time for anything more than a quick swipe with a hairbrush over the last 8 months, so when the nice people at Olay sent me a bottle of their new Total Effects Wake Up Wonder to try out, I was very pleased.  I go back to work soon, see, and they're not going to be overjoyed if I turn up covered in porridge, looking like last week's washing.

Anyway.  Olay.  That's the point.  I've been a loyal devotee of a certain other moisturiser for years (it's yellow and different, in a dramatic way, if you get my drift), but I'm up for a change.  The bottle is really nicely packaged, a subtle gold sheen to the outside, and a pump action dispenser which is invaluable when you have to do everything with one hand (baby wash companies, please take note!).  And the dispenser pumps out just the right amount for a single application - no waste, no mess.

On first application, the cream is lovely and light, and easily soaked up.  This is what surprised me most, I've found anti-ageing creams to be too heavy in the past, but this was lovely.  A really nice refreshing scent, and easy to use.  And now, after a week?  My skin genuinely does look brighter, and I look more awake (SqueakyDaddy's words, not mine), even after being woken by a teething Squeaky numerous times a night. 

Do you know, I think I might be a convert!

Disclosure: I was provided with a bottle of Olay Total Effects Wake Up Wonder free of charge for the purpose of this review.  I was not told what to write, and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for your convenience only, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive reward for their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?