Sunday 7 August 2011

HABA Zoolino Fabric Building Blocks Review

The Zoolino fabric blocks are like the little sister of the wooden Zoolino blocks.  They’re bigger blocks, 6 in the pack, which Velcro together to make a giraffe, hippo & elephant, or a girappo, hiphant, and eleffe!  The heads and bodies come apart, allowing children to mix & match and create their own creatures.  The bodies all have sounds, a crinkle, a rattle & a squeak, great for little hands learning to control their environment.

Squeaky loves the blocks, right from the moment they came out of the box.  The shapes are big, but not too big for her little hands, and she loved the friendly faces.  I love the colours of the animals, and the patterned fabric, bright and attractive, but not excessively so.  Squeaky’s very, very favourite thing is Velcro, she learned to open & stick it very early on, and she loves toys with Velcro, so these animals are a massive hit.  She really enjoys sticking the creatures together & taking them apart again, and I’m happy that she’s playing with Velcro that doesn’t involve clothes.  The Velcro pads are quite small, which is a good thing, it means the animals are less likely to get stuck to something they shouldn’t, and Squeaky can take them apart quite easily.  It’s also encouraging her to pay attention to what she’s doing, as she has to put the head in the right place to make it stick.

The Zoolino fabric blocks are a lovely toy for children aged 9months up.  Squeaky’s 18 months now, and she gets plenty of entertainment out of them, so they are a toy with a long-lasting appeal.  At £29.99 rrp, they aren’t cheap but the price reflects the quality & durability.  I’ve seen them get more than the odd chew, but there’s no sign of any damage to the stitching, and the ears & tails are firmly anchored, so I’m not concerned at all that she will be at risk of swallowing them, destructive as she can be.  And as a cheeky side-note, they look great around the tv.  We're trying to sell our house at the moment, and the toys need to be tidy a lot of the time, but the Zoolino creatures have pride of place on the tv stand when they're not being played with!

Disclosure: I was provided with the HABA Zoolino fabric blocks free of charge for the purpose of this review.  I was not told what to write, and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for your convenience only, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive reward for their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?