Wednesday 10 August 2011

Mixed Blessings CD & Enchanted Party Shop Review

A little something different today - a two part review.

When I was offered the chance to review the Mixed Blessings CD by Sheena Coote, I was pretty happy.  When Sheena said she'd also send me a gift bag from the Enchanted Party Shop, well, I was over the moon.
The parcel arrived, well padded, and I eagerly broke in to find the CD, and a beautiful pink gauze bag, stuffed with treasures!

So, first off, the CD.  There's 12 tracks, and it runs for about 25 minutes - which is plenty of time to calm down a grumpy, tired Squeaky in the bedroom, or in the car.  We've put the cd in the car, because when Squeaky's got her grump on and we're in the car, there's no CBeebies to hand to distract her.  And I have to say, it works wonders.  Within a couple of minutes, she's calmed down, and normally within 2 or 3 tracks, she's dozing happily, dreaming about whatever it is 18 month old girls dream about.

The music is all original piano compositions, written and performed by Sheena Coote.  I'm no expert on piano, I can just about manage a wobbly rendition of chopsticks, but what I do know is that the music is really beautiful.  Relaxing, lyric, simple without being basic or boring, just right for soothing fractious babes and fraught parents.  We particularly like track 3, Elation, because it's got a really catchy refrain, and I find myself humming it in quiet moments.

Mixed Blessings is available to download on Amazon, iTunes, or if you're Old Skool like me and need a physical disc, you can order it from Kent Gigs.

As I said, this is a two-parter.  When Sheena's not making beautiful music, she runs The Enchanted Party Shop, a children's party boutique, stocking everything you need for children's parties and gifts, from the basics through to unusual and special items.  We received a girl's party bag.  Inside the pretty pink organza bag,we found a whole host of treasures.

We found... (from top centre)
  • A tasty lollipop
  • A flower-shaped notepad
  • 3 sparkly bangles
  • A giant bunny balloon
  • A little dolphin ring (child sized, but I have teeny tiny skinny fingers & it fits my littlie)
  • An expanding toy watch
  • A bunny paper peg
  • A chocolate parrot
  • Chocolate crayons
I've got to admit, chocolate doesn't last very long in this house, and from the choc crayon I managed to wrestle from Squeaky's grasp,  it tastes good quality too.

I love that the items are more than just throwaway toys, The Enchanted Party Shop look out for green products that can be used again & again, and certainly the watch and paper peg are that, both are wooden and look to last far longer than most party bag gifts.

As well as the gifts and party items you'd expect for children, there's items for Christenings, Hallowe'en, cards & invitations, dressing up items, all the tableware you could wish for, and some incredible party clothes.

I'll leave you with a picture, not of Squeaky covered in chocolate, though we have many of those, but Squeaky with her new friend, the giant balloon.

Disclosure: I was provided with the Mixed Blessings CD & Enchanted Party Shop gift bag free of charge for the purpose of this review.  I was not told what to write, and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for your convenience only, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive reward for their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?