Wednesday 14 September 2011

Tiny Me Review

The very kind people at tinyme got in touch with me recently and asked if I'd like to review their labels on the blog.  Well.  That's a bit of a no-brainer.  I'm that strange breed that actually really really enjoys labelling things.  I can't wait til Squeaky gets a bit older & I have to spend a weekend in August stitching (not ironing, I'm OldSkool) name labels into every item of clothing imaginable.

My point though (yes! I did have one) was that they asked me if I'd like to review some of their lovely personalised labels.  The words "yes please" have rarely left my keyboard faster!  Off I surfed to their website, and nearly fell off my chair.  As I said, I'm OldSkool.  Back in my day, the choices in sew-in clothes labels were red or blue stitching, except for one girl in my school whose mum was a bit posh & she had green italic nametags!  Any other name tags were of the Dymo Label Printer variety if you were lucky, or the Permanent Marker variety if you weren't.   Tinyme have 33 different designs, and endless colour and font combinations in each of them, so there's bound to be something that appeals.  The hardest part was choosing.  Actually, that's a huge plus, nurseries tend to want things labelled as well as schools, and for pre-literate children, a distinct and individual design on their items means they can recognise them before they recognise their name.




(This is the post where the observant amongst you learn Squeaky's real name.  But the image isn't Google-searchable, so these things happen)

We received 2 sheets each of standard rectangles, large labels and round labels - a total of 76 labels (Retro Flowers, in Mexico colour and Scrogglet font, if you REALLY want to copy me!).  The service was excellent, I received emails confirming my order, and letting me know when the order had shipped, all in less than a week.  The labels are printed vinyl, and are really cute.  The instructions say to give the glue 2-3 days to "cure" and stick fast, but after that time they're top-shelf dishwasher safe, microwave resistant, freezer resistant, and sure to cause extreme jealousy in my work colleagues.

I'm being very good so far.  I've managed not to label Daddy, the furniture, Upsy Daisy or the TV remote.  But I have labelled some of Squeaky's things.  Her KidsKit portable high chair... so we can make sure when it goes on holiday with us it comes back again afterwards. 

Her lunchbox... I want this back SO much!  It's the best lunchbox I've ever had, but it's been requisitioned by someone small & cute because it holds emergency gingerbread men.  And a selection of books.  I'm holding out against labelling her Squeaky Highness herself, but you never know!

We're really impressed with tinyme's labels, the quality is superb, the choices are way beyond anything I've seen elsewhere, and the prices are reasonable too.  The pack I received is currently on sale for £19.95, but if you sign up to their newsletter, you can get a discount on your first order.

Tinyme have got more than just labels too!  There's personalised books, bags and pencil cases, height charts, stationery (pen has an "E" in it, car has an "A" in it, that's how I know!) and even door & wall stickers.  So if you're in the market for a special gift - and let's face it, that time of year is coming fast - there's a whole host of choices.

Thank you, tinyme and your three geeky dads.

Disclosure: I was provided with a set of personalised stickers free of charge for the purpose of this review.  I was not told what to write, and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for your convenience only, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive reward for their use.

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone in the labelling club. I love putting my initials on everything and even better with labels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm sorry this comment isn't related to this post, but was wondering how to privately get in touch with you for a bit more advice re tax credits! If that's ok! X

    ReplyDelete

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?