Monday 29 October 2012

Pip's Garden Review

Yes, that's her name. It's not a secret.
I was approached recently to review some personalised clothing for Squeaky from Pip's Garden.  I hadn't heard of them before, but they sell personalised children's clothing, as well as bedding and towels, all ethically sourced, making for a unique and very special gift.

Squeaky received a personalised pirate ship t-shirt with her real & proper name on it (though I wouldn't have argued with The Jolly Squeaky!)  Pirates are a big favourite in our house, so it was a great item to receive.  The pirate ship is embroidered on with appliqué sails & ship body, making each piece unique, before you even get to the personalisation.  The stitching is top quality - I've had a good old look, and there's not a loose end to be seen, so I'm quite confident that the shirt will look great for a good while.

 I mentioned above that the products are all ethically sourced, this was backed up further by the tag attached to the shirt - 100% organic African fairly traded cotton.  I know I'm not perfect, particularly when it comes to my own clothes, but where I can, I do try to make sure I buy ethically.  The small difference made to my costs makes a massive difference at the other end of the supply chain, and to the lives of some of the poorest people.  The content of this tag, and the detail in the shape, made me very happy.

Detail, yes, that would be the word.  Even the packaging was gorgeous.  I don't normally take many photos of paper wrapping, but I just couldn't resist.  Had wrapped, tied, with a hand written message on the tag.  The attention to detail in every aspect of the shirt, and its packaging, is just amazing.  It makes it a really special item.

And what does Squeaky think to it?  What do you reckon?  We were sent the age 2-3 sized shirt, she'll be 3 in January, but there's loads of growing room, so I think we'll be able to get plenty of wear out of it, before looking for another little pirate with the same name to pass it on to.

I always make sure I've given clothes a full wear & wash cycle before I review them, there would be nothing worse than writing a great review, & then finding something fell apart on the first wash. No such problems here.  The shirt washed beautifully, kept its shape, even with the embroidery & applique.

At £19.50, it's not the cheapest shirt ever made.  But considering that includes personalisation and shipping, it's not as pricey as it would first appear.  I think a Pip's Garden shirt, or romper would make a beautiful gift for a special child this Christmas. Or a personalised dressing gown for the favourite blogger in your life!!  (hint hint)

Disclosure I was provided with a personalised shirt free of charge for the purpose of this review.  I was not told what to write and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for your convenience, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme and will not receive reward for their use.

1 comment:

  1. The clothing would make a lovely gift,and I love the fact its an ethical product. I just wish my budget would stretch!

    ReplyDelete

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?