Wednesday 12 December 2012

Jordan's Super Berry Country Crisp Review

Good morning!  How are you today?  Is the coffee piping hot?  OK. Now what are you having for breakfast?  If you're anything like me, you know you should have a healthy start to the day, but if you're lucky, it's a jammy dodger grabbed as you run out of the door on the nursery/school run before another day at work.  Well stop right there!  Make a bit of time.  Because I've got a bowl of loveliness to share with you!  Jordan's Super Berry Country Crisp, in fact.

Are you hungry already?  Country Crisp is made up of baked oat clusters with freeze dried blackcurrants, cranberries & blueberries.  All those lovely anti-oxidants waiting to jump into your bowl, and fill you with goodness!  I love the cluster type cereals, they stay crisp in milk far longer than flakes, and you don't get so much dust at the bottom of the box, so I was very happy to give these a try.

I tucked in to a bowl, just look at those berries!  It's not often that the reality looks as good as the picture on the box. (These bowls are HUGE by the way, that picture is very deceptive!)  The fruits have got so much flavour in them, even with the milk added.  They soften up a bit, so there's a good contrast between the fruits and the crispy clusters.

There was one little issue for me.  One that could be quite a big issue for other people.  We're a nut-free household by choice, not by necessity.  That means I don't have to scour labels for nut warnings, but I do avoid products that state they contain nuts on the front of the box.  I was surprised to find chopped roasted hazelnuts listed in the ingredients, when cereals usually make good mention of the presence of nuts on the front.  You can't really taste them, which suggests to me that they don't add anything, and I slightly wonder why they're there.  To be honest I'd rather they weren't, and I'm glad we're only nut-free by choice.

There was something VERY cool about the Super Berry Country Crisp though, that really made my morning.  Do you remember when you were a kid, how exciting Coco Pops were? Not just because you were allowed to have chocolate at breakfast time, but because they turned the milk chocolatey? That was even in the advert!  Well, I can go one better!  Super Berry Country Crisp doesn't give you brown milk, it gives you LILAC MILK! Honest! That's not a spoonful of yogurt there, that's semi skimmed at the end of a bowlful.  How cool is that? Seriously, lilac milk, if that doesn't start your day with a smile, I don't know what will.

Jordan's Super Berry Country Crisp is available from Waitrose & Tesco (and probably others) for around £2.69 for a 500g box.

Disclosure: I was sent a box of Country Crisp free of charge for the purpose of this review. I was not told what to write & all opinions are my own. Links are provided for your convenience only, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive reward for their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?