Thursday 28 March 2013

Simply Swim Review

Sometimes a review opportunity comes along that I can't resist.  Especially when it's from a company that I already shop with, and happily recommend to people without it being for blogging purposes.  If I get to blog about it too, all the better.  One such opportunity happened recently, when I was approached by the folk at Simply Swim, who asked if Squeaky & I would like to review their swimwear ranges.

Well, they got in touch shortly before Miss Squeaky came down with the chickenpox, so this review has taken a bit longer than I would have hoped, because people don't take nicely to your child being all spotty in public places, so the local pool was off-limits until the spots had completely gone away (and also, our local pool has been closed for a few weeks for repairs & asbestos removal, bah.)  Last week though, we finally got the chance to try out our new swimming costumes.

Image from Simply Swim, used with permission
I love Simply Swim.  I've shopped with them before, and have been amazed by the ranges they stock.  Everything from "posing by the pool" to serious competitive swimwear, and a range of sizes that I can't begin to do justice to.  My favourite thing is the multitude of ways you can sort your selection.  Size 8, want something with low cut legs, in red?  You can narrow it down like that.  Specific cup sizes, or a favourite brand?  You can do that too.  It's mind-blowing, and makes me very happy.

I'm a fussy one when it comes to swimwear.  Aside from having big boobs, which need to be kept securely in place, I like to swim fairly long distances, so I want a costume that can stand up to chlorine, that will stay on my shoulders, and doesn't make me look like Free Willy, and I have a favourite brand.  Putting all those together, I chose the Zoggs Mandalay BootySuit D-Plus.  And I didn't tell Squeaky Daddy.  When I put this on last week, for the first time, he not only noticed, but actually said "Wow! That's a really nice costume" (or words to that effect, I didn't have the tape recorder to hand).  If your man-creature is anything like mine, you'll know how rare these kind of events are - to notice a new item of clothing is unusual in itself, but to complement?  Well, nothing short of a miracle, so for that alone, I have to say a huge thank you to Simply Swim! (You don't get a picture of me in a swimming costume, sorry. I have my limits.)
Move over Kate Moss

For Squeaky, I chose the Zoggs Tots Girls Bowen Swimdress, at least partly because I think Zoggs are a great brand.  And I bravely risked being thrown out of a leisure centre somewhere on the South Coast to take a photo of Miss Squeaky mugging for the camera in her new cossie!  (Do not try this at home, swimming pools are not known for their tolerance of photography)

As I mentioned, we hit the pools last week.  Squeaky & I put our new costumes through their paces with an afternoon of leisure pool sliding & wave machines, and a morning of learner pool & proper lane swimming.  And the verdict?  Excellent.  Both costumes stayed exactly where they were put, looked great, and mine felt really comfortable, even when I was pounding out proper lengths.  They dried quickly, and the costumes are made from high quality, durable materials.  At £32 for mine, and £14 for Squeaky's costume, they're reasonably priced, and I can honestly say from past experience they will last & last.  I've worn Zoggs costumes for years and they are fantastically durable.

What better time to go shopping and stock up for the summer?  Who knows, if enough of us start dreaming about the beach, maybe the weather will finally pick up!

Disclosure: I was invited to choose two items from Simply Swim's range free of charge for the purposes of this review.  I was not told what to write and all opinions are my own. All links are provided for your convenience, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive reward for their use.

1 comment:

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?