Sunday 30 June 2013

Ode to Superglue

Superglue, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways
I hate thee with the pieces and fragments and bits
Of broken ornaments, the piece that never fits
From the ends of my fingers and ideal repair
I hate thee so much I have to swear
A smashed souvenir, of sun and candle-light.
I hate thee freely, I can't make this look Right;
I hate thee purely, my repairs earn no praise.
I hate that you are impossible to use
On household items, and on my childhood toys.
I hate that my fingerprints I seem to lose
When I open the tube, --- I hate thee with the breath,
Fumes making tears, all my life! --- and, because I can't choose,
I shall but hate thee again tomorrow.

Apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning


Nails: Bell Air Flow, Shade 702, with added superglue

1 comment:

  1. As they say, “The more you hate, the more you love.” I do experience the same thing when using Superglue. What I do is I soak my ‘superglued’ skin on warm soapy water for 15 minutes to soften the adhesive. Awesome poem, by the way!

    Shannon@InstantCA.com

    ReplyDelete

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?