Wednesday 28 August 2013

Alli Diet Aid, 1 month on.

If you've been paying attention, you'll have noticed at the start of the month, that I posted about Alli diet aid tablets, that I had received to review.  Well, I've kept on taking them, and here's the second stage of my review.


If you remember, after a fortnight, I'd managed to lose 5 pounds, by a combination of willpower, exercise and Alli tablets for that extra boost.  However, the last few weeks haven't been quite so successful.  Real life has got in the way on a few occasions, and I've found myself choosing to skip the tablets in favour of being able to eat what I choose without suffering the consequences.  And that has affected how effective the tablets are.

They're not a magic wand.  Sadly that doesn't exist yet.  If you carry on eating rubbish and take Alli, at best they won't work, at worst, they won't work & you'll spend most of your time sitting in the bathroom.  If you skip tablets for a meal, or a day, to indulge yourself, they simply aren't as effective for the next few days.  This means that over the last couple of weeks I haven't lost any more weight, I'm stuck at the 5 pounds I lost in the first couple.  I've got no-one to blame but myself, and now I've got to get back to eating better, avoiding the pizzas, and treating myself better.  I think I'll stick with them for a little while longer, because they do work when you use them right, and I could do with the boost to get me back on track.

The instruction booklet in the Alli pack says to take a daily multivitamin, in order to ensure you're getting all the appropriate nutrients, seeing as some of your food isn't being absorbed.  This is a habit I'd got out of after I stopped breastfeeding Squeaky, so it's been a good thing to get me back to taking vitamins regularly.

Alli is an over-the-counter medication, and can only be bought from a pharmacy.  You can find it in most high street pharmacies, and certain registered online pharmacies.  The pharmacist may ask you questions to ensure that it is suitable for you.  Alli is only suitable for adults with a BMI of 28 or above.

Disclosure: I was provided with Alli tablets free of charge for the purposes of this review. I was not told what to write and all opinions are my own. Links are provided for convenience, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive reward for their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?