Saturday 21 June 2014

Keynotes

I'm sitting at the back of the room, at Britmums Live, with a lump in my throat roughly the size of the millennium dome (ok, the O2), holding back the tears because there are people who deserve them more than I. People who know exactly how this reading feels.

And then I think. I have these stories too. I guess we all do. Good, bad, emotional. If we didn't we wouldn't be human, the scars that break us make us.  I wonder whether I should share my stories, I already have to some extent, but I have things that I'm not sure I can share, not sure I can write in a way that would make any sort of sense. And a little worry that should I manage to, and in an alternative universe where I was high enough profile of a blogger to be asked to read it, whether is could share those stories aloud.

Could I? I honestly think not.  So for those who have stood up and laid bare their souls, reduced us to tears, shared their lives with us, I have nothing but respect, admiration, and love.  Thank you all.

1 comment:

  1. It's incredible to listen to the keynotes isn't it? I found myself pinching my arms, trying to keep my emotions in check as I listened to bloggers bare their souls in front of an audience, after already being brave enough to press publish and put their words and emotions out there into the world via their blogs.
    I think it must be so therapeutic and a release to write that way. If you have thoughts fighting to get out on the paper, maybe you should go for it?

    ReplyDelete

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?